Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sunbathing, yay or nay?

 
Paliouri beach, Chalkidiki, Greece
Today I am not going to tell you about beauty products, this post is mostly about skin care and health. You see, summer is a hot, sunny season that most of us enjoy spend time outside and sunbathing for hours. This, sometimes might be harmful for our skin and health. So why would we do that to our skin?


I know, I know a tinted skin is something that most of you like but did you know by doing that you are dehydrating your skin and increasing the possibilities of skin cancer? I am not a dermatologist or a skin expert to give you further details about that so I won't, but you can always ask someone who knows best in order to inform you correctly. I will just give you some basic "rules" about summer and the sun.

First of all, you should always wear a sunblock! Always! Even when there's a cloudy weather outside sunblock is needed. I always wear a 50+ SPF protector because I have a veeeery pale skin. Thankfully I never have had a sunburn in my life.
Secondly we need to check the time we'll be on the beach. Noon hours are forbidden. This is the worst time for someone to be in the sun. Sunlight is very strong these hours so you shouldn't be there. Just be patient and wait for the afternoon/evening hours and you're good to go. Morning hours are good as well.
Finally, always have a bottle of water with you. Especially in the very hot days. It is important for your body to be hydrated.

For me sunbathing is a big nay. Never did and never will. What about you guys? Do you sunbathe? If so, do you take precautions?



I do not own any copyrights for the image. 
Image first posted at arttravel.gr

No comments:

Post a Comment